Amanda Sorensen, 22, pictured with a toddler on Facebook.
A 2-year-old, Calif. toddler died on Sunday after ingesting chili powder which police believe was given to her as a form of punishment by the girlfriend of the toddler’s father.
Amanda Sorenson, 21, was arrested on Monday on suspicion of child abuse resulting in death after an investigation led police to suspect that Sorenson force fed the baby chili powder.
Police were called to the family’s home on Sunday afternoon, in response to a toddler who was unresponsive.
Although the toddler’s exact cause of death has yet to be determined, medical personnel at the hospital where the toddler girl was rushed, think the youngster was forced to ingest chili powder, likely causing the tot to die from asphyxiation. The youngster reportedly had seizures before she ultimately stopped breathing. Chili powder can cause the airways and lungs to swell.
The suspect, Amanda Sorensen, 21, is currently being held on $500,000 bail at the West Valley Detention Center.
The views, opinions and information expressed in articles and blog posts published on imperfectparent.com and all subdomains are those of the authors alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of The Imperfect Parent or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of any entity of, or affiliated with, Imperfect Parent. The Imperfect Parent
is designed for entertainment
purposes only and is not meant to be a substitute for medical, health,
legal, or financial advice from a professional.
of material from any of Imperfect Parent's pages without written
permission is strictly prohibited.