McDonalds in Eltham, London where a baby was given a bottle of bleach by a stranger. Screen shot via Google Maps.
An 11-month-old baby boy is recovering after a stranger at a McDonalds in south east London, England gave the baby a bottle which police believe was laced with the harsh chemical bleach.
The baby was with his grandmother when the incident took place earlier today, around lunchtime on Thursday. The baby’s grandmother said that a woman, who appeared to be in her 50s, must have handed the baby the bottle and then fled. The baby took a drink and reportedly vomited immediately.
It is not clear where the grandmother was at the time the baby was given the bottle.
The bottle has been recovered and sent to labs for testing. Police want to find out what other substances were put in the bottle.
The Scotland Yard tweeted a warning today, warning parents to be on the lookout for a woman who was reportedly handing babies bottles with bleach in them. The tweet read, “WARNING ! Last 1/2 hr. #Eltham High St. White female in 50′s giving children in pushchairs bottles containing believed bleach.”
Police are now analyzing surveillance video. The McDonalds was closed temporarily while police gathered evidence.
The views, opinions and information expressed in articles and blog posts published on imperfectparent.com and all subdomains are those of the authors alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of The Imperfect Parent or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of any entity of, or affiliated with, Imperfect Parent. The Imperfect Parent
is designed for entertainment
purposes only and is not meant to be a substitute for medical, health,
legal, or financial advice from a professional.
of material from any of Imperfect Parent's pages without written
permission is strictly prohibited.