Holiday Inn Orange Lake Resort, Orlando Florida where an 11-year-old girl died. Photo via Google Plus.
An 11-year-old girl died Wednesday while vacationing with her family at an Orlando, Florida resort. The girl, Ashton Jojo, was playing miniature golf at the time. Jojo was visiting the Holiday Inn Orange Lake Resort from Latham, New York. She was accompanied by her mother, father and brother.
Jojo’s untimely death happened after she stuck one of her golf balls into a nearby shallow pond and went after the ball to retrieve it. The ball landed in about 2 feet of water. While trying to grab the ball, the girl reportedly cried out in distress. Another guest of the resort heard the girls cries and tried to rescue her but was unsuccessful. The good Samaritan, Christoper Burges, from Alabama, suffered injuries as a result but the exact nature of his injuries has yet to be disclosed.
Authorities have yet to determine a cause of death but have not ruled out that the girl may have been electrocuted.
Jojo had just celebrated her 11th birthday last Friday.
The views, opinions and information expressed in articles and blog posts published on imperfectparent.com and all subdomains are those of the authors alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of The Imperfect Parent or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of any entity of, or affiliated with, Imperfect Parent. The Imperfect Parent
is designed for entertainment
purposes only and is not meant to be a substitute for medical, health,
legal, or financial advice from a professional.
of material from any of Imperfect Parent's pages without written
permission is strictly prohibited.