Utah tweens hailed as heroes: Saved woman whose pants were on fire

Utah boys save woman's life after she caught on fire

1
Shares
Share with your friends










Submit

Utah boys save woman's life after she caught on fire

Four Utah boys act of bravery likely saved the life of woman who accidentally set fire to her clothing. Screen shot KSL-TV.

A woman who’s leg caught on fire in a Walmart parking lot in South Jordan, Utah has four young boys to thank for potentially saving her life. The four boys, ages 12 and 13, spotted the woman in distress, who appeared to be on fire, and acted to smother the flames.

The boys, Chase Johnson, Luke Sombot, Nick Uribe and Matai Wilson, decided to take a cruise up to Walmart. One of the boys told a KSL-TV reporter that they make the early weekend supply run because they didn’t have school on Friday. One of the boys told KSL-TV they went for, “Mountain Dew, have a sleep over and hang out and all that stuff.”

Matai Wilson who used his coat to put out the flames told a KSL-TV reporter that he doesn’t regret ruining his coat:

“I figured she was on fire so, I think she would need my coat more than I would. It was burnt, sorta like…particles of ash.”

advertisement

Nick Uribe was the only kid there to have a phone, so he called 911.

The woman, who was from out of town, reportedly threw a lit cigarette which uintentionally got caught on her nylons, underneath her pants. According to the University of Nebraska, nylons are highly flammable, melting on the skin with the potential to cause serious burns.

South Jordan Police say the woman is in serious condition in a local burn unit but could have lost her life if it wasn’t for the quick thinking and heroic actions of the young boys.

1
Shares
Share with your friends










Submit