A 21-year-old man in Vallejo, California, had to be cut out of a child swing after a bet went horrible wrong.
According to police, the man had bet his friends that he could get himself into the swing usually reserved for infants and toddlers, and the friends agreed to pay him a hundred dollars if he accomplished the feat.
Using a liberal amount of laundry detergent, the man indeed was able to get into the swing at the Blue Rock Springs Park — the problem was, he couldn’t get himself back out.
To make matters worse, his friends ditched him and left him in the swing overnight, reports the Times-Herald.
Fortunately, the next morning a park groundskeeper heard the man’s cries, and Vallejo firefighters were able to cut the swing chains and the swing was finally cut off his body at the Kaiser Permanente Vallejo Medical Center.
Police say the man “sustained non-life threatening injuries” — and probably a bruised ego.
No word on if he was ever able to collect that hundred bucks.
The views, opinions and information expressed in articles and blog posts published on imperfectparent.com and all subdomains are those of the authors alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of The Imperfect Parent or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of any entity of, or affiliated with, Imperfect Parent. The Imperfect Parent
is designed for entertainment
purposes only and is not meant to be a substitute for medical, health,
legal, or financial advice from a professional.
of material from any of Imperfect Parent's pages without written
permission is strictly prohibited.