Kraft Foods Inc. has issued a recall for several types of its Velveeta Shells & Cheese single-serve microwaveable cups. Apparently, small, thin pieces of wire bristle may be in the cups.
137,000 Cases of the products affected by the recall were shipped to customers across the U.S. (but not Canada). Kraft, the country’s largest food maker (which hopes to split into two companies before the end of next year), reported on Friday that there have been no consumer injuries or complaints reported so far.
Affected Products in Kraft Recall:
- Velveeta Shells & Cheese original microwaveable cups (2.39 ounce) with a best-when-used-by date of May 16, 2012 and UPC 2100002322
- Velveeta Shells & Cheese original four-pack microwaveable cups (2.39-ounce) that have best-when-used-by dates of April 24, 2012 to May 16, 2012 and a UPC of 2100002339
- Velveeta Shells & Cheese made with 2% milk microwaveable cups (the 2.19-ounce) with best-when-used-by dates of March 25, 2012 to March 30, 2012 and UPC of 2100002323
- Velveeta Shells & Cheese made with 2% milk four-pack 2.19-ounce microwaveable cups with best-when-used-by dates of March 29, 2012 to April 12, 2012 and UPC 2100002946
- Velveeta Rotini & Cheese Broccoli microwaveable cups (2.44-ounce ) with best-when-used-by dates of April 29, 2012 to May 14, 2012 and UPC of 2100002318
The recall does not affect any other best-when-used-by dates (which can be found on the bottom of each package) of Velveeta Shells & Cheese single-serve microwaveable cups or any other Kraft Foods products.
Any consumers who have any of the recalled products should not eat them. They should be returned to the store where they were bought for a full refund or an exchange. If there are any questions, the number for Kraft Foods Consumer Relations is 1-800-308-1841.