A 13-year-old girl was injured from an explosion when a firework was put on her birthday cake.
Maryland State Deputy Chief Fire Marshal Allen Gosnell says that a firework was “inadvertently” placed among birthday candles, telling the Carroll County Times, “There was a birthday and there was cake. And afterward there was a low-level explosion in the dining room.”
Gosnell added, Right now, you’re thinking this just doesn’t add up and it doesn’t add up. We still have a lot of work to do.”
He also cautioned about the hazards of fireworks, saying people don’t know “the damage they can do.”
The girl from Finksburg, Maryland, was taken to a pediatric center and treated for burns to her arms and eyes. Her father and mother also were treated for burns, and the three are reportedly in good condition.
The firework explosion also created a small fire, but it was able to be put out before firemen arrived on the scene.
The views, opinions and information expressed in articles and blog posts published on imperfectparent.com and all subdomains are those of the authors alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of The Imperfect Parent or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of any entity of, or affiliated with, Imperfect Parent. The Imperfect Parent
is designed for entertainment
purposes only and is not meant to be a substitute for medical, health,
legal, or financial advice from a professional.
of material from any of Imperfect Parent's pages without written
permission is strictly prohibited.