Shaila Ervin's toddler son became drunk in her care. Mugshot via Marion County Jail.
A toddler boy, just shy of his 2 year birthday, was rushed to Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis, Indiana to be treated for alcohol poisoning. The mother, 20 year old Shaila Ervin, has been arrested for child neglect. Fox 59 WXIN reports that the tot was napping alongside his mother and apparently got into her water bottle which contained alcohol. Police report that the mother called 911 when she woke up and found little Jamiene Clark unresponsive. Ervin has 3 other children who are now in the custody of other family members. Police say the baby was drunk and suffering from alcohol poisoning. The boy’s aunt says that he is now recovering.
Shaila Ervin has been seen, according to Fox, on the site power-of-giving, expressing in short essay form how she’s trying to make things better for her family:
I know being a single mother isn’t easy having to raise your beautiful children all on your own barley making to feed. I am a single mother of four of the most inspirational children God has blessed me with.
I am often to told that I am very young and that I won’t be able to make it however, all that dosen’t [sic] compare to the smiles that get me by when they tell me they love me.